Hormone Replacement Therapy,
Improving Your Health and Quality of Life
What is Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT)?
BHRT has existed for over 20 years. The major benefit of BHRT is that treatment doses are individualized and the mixture of products may not be commercially available.
Bioidentical hormones, sometimes referred to as natural hormones,
are used to treat menopause symptoms, perimenopause, and post-menopause.
Bioidentical hormones are those that are molecularly identical to the hormones that are produced in the body.
These hormones are chemicals that are derived from sources of yam or soybean. Steroids and hormones are taken from animals and plants then altered to be identical in molecular structure.
The steroids and hormones are then formed as a cream, oral, suppository or injections so the body can absorb them quickly.
Bio-identical hormones are much different from synthetic hormone replacement drugs in that bio-identical hormones are metabolized, stored, and converted into other hormones naturally.
There are much less side effects to bioidentical hormone replacement therapy because the hormones are natural and our bodies metabolize bioidentical hormones the way it's designed to. Synthetic hormones can often be quite strong and produce unbearable side effects.
The compounded bioidentical hormones can be made to match each womans individual needs. This is something thats just impossible with commercially produced products.
Categories of Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Most of the prescription estrogens when taken by mouth are converted in your GI tract and end up predominantly as estrone.
Three estrogens to consider are Estrone, Estradiol and Estriol.
If you want to get your estrogen levels up to where they were before menopause then estradiol is your natural estrogen. Studies indicate that Estrone is the estrogen responsible for breast cancer.
The primary estrogen produced by the ovary is Estradiol and estrone which is formed by the conversion of estradiol. Vaginal rings, estradiol creams, and transdermal patches, provide pre-menopausal levels of estradiol.
Estriol is prevalent primarily during pregnancy because very large amounts of Estriol are produced which leads to the protection against breast cancer. If you desire a natural estrogen that is the least likely to cause cancer then estriol may be the right choice.
Natural progesterone is made by the ovaries prior to menopause and by the adrenal glands and fat cells after menopause and is the precursor for natural estrogen. It is the single most important hormone in the female body.
Natural progesterone corrects hormone imbalance of the two primary female hormones. This will protect from the effects of Estrogen Dominance.
Natural progesterone has many positive benefits. Some possible benefits include
Facilitates Thyroid Hormone Action
Normalizes Blood Sugar Levels
Normalizes Zinc & Copper Levels
Normalizes Blood Clotting
Helps to Normalize Ovaries
Osteoblast Stimulated in Bone Tissue Cells
The body uses natural or supplemented androgens as a source of estrogen.
Produced by the female ovaries, Androgens are essential to normal sexual development and are a major part in maintaining sexual desire along with strong and healthy skin, muscle and bone.
The natural testosterone will not produce the side effects of synthetic testosterone.
The bio-identical hormones used in Hormone Replacement Therapy have the exact same molecular structure as the hormones found in the womans body prior to menopause.
- BHRT Blog
- BHRT blog.
- BHRT Site Search
- BHRT Site Search. Do you want to know more about bioidentical hormones, menopause, or how you can balance your hormones using natural hormone replacement or herbal remedies? Search for information here.
- Compounding Pharmacy
- A compounding pharmacy creates prescriptions dedicated to fullfilling pecific needs to their customers. Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy...
- Bioidentical Hormones, Natural Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Bioidentical hormones, correct hormone imbalance with hormone replacement therapy, seeing dramatic improvements in your overall well-being...
- Natural Progesterone Cream
- Natural progesterone cream, a natural bioidentical progesterone solution to relieve menopause symptoms. Low progesterone levels cause estrogen imbalances. Progesterone for men...
- Menopause Symptoms
- Menopause symptoms, premenopause and perimenopause symptoms – learn how to eliminate symptoms of menopause and the first symptoms of menopause...
- Estrogen Dominance and Hormone Imbalance
- Estrogen dominance, signs and symptoms off too much estrogen. Causes of high estrogen levels and the effects of progesterone treatement correcting hormone imbalance...
- Testosterone Cream
- Testosterone cream for balancing hormones and increasing sex drive. Cream used in testosterone hormone replacement therapy raises the levels of testosterone in males that are experiencing..
- Pet Meds
- Pet meds, pet medications for your dogs and cats. Best information on dog health problems, seizures, epilepsy, arthritis, cat health questions, cat thyroid...
- BHRT-Resource.com Sitemap
- Sitemap of bhrt-resource.com. Is natural hormone replacement right for you? Discover how you can benefit from bhrt - bioidentical hormone replacement therapy...
- Hot Flashes & Menpause Symptoms
- Hot flashes be gone. New ways to finally rid yourself of menopause symptoms naturally. Discover how to control raging hormones, put A stop to hot flashes & finally enjoy undisturbed sleep.
- What is Menopause?
- What is menopause? What happens to a womans body as she approaches menopause and what can be done to treat menopause symptoms. A permanent pause of your menses occuring...
- Low Thyroid Function
- Low thyroid, faulty thyroid gland and an overzealous immune system, is a complex and deceptive syndrome to tackle. In addition to improving low thyroid disease…
- Hormones During Pregnancy
- Hormones during pregnancy affect your risks of complications like diabetes, high blood pressure, and preterm birth. Research shows that the hormones a fetus are exposed to...
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Adrenal fatigue is all too often the cause of feeling run down and your inability to keep up with life's daily demands. Adrenal fatigue is a collection of signs and symptoms, known as...
- Osteoporosis Treatment
- Osteoporosis treatment and latest medications for osteoporosis. If you're worried about having osteoporosis and don't know where to go for help or what to expect in the way of...
- Androgen Therapy
- Androgen therapy may prevent many of the physiologic changes associated with aging. Several different types of testosterone replacement are currently marketed, including tablets, injectables, and transdermal systems...
- Cellulite Treatment
- Cellulite treatment, home remedies, and diets that work. Fight fluid retention, a slow sluggish lymph flow, skin damage, and poor circulation. Creams that help remove cellulite...